Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nine Years!


I know, I know--sweet picture! You all wish you looked so good on your wedding day (LOL)! We both can't believe how young we looked--I guess nine years really is a long time! And Scott with his Marine Corps regulation haircut. Nice. Our anniversary was March 14. I must say, it has been one crazy ride! Who knew that summer we met as EFY counselors would lead us here!! Only a little has happend-me graduating from Utah State, Scott sent to California with the Marine Corps, and later the war in Iraq where he was shot, Scott coming back graduating from Weber State, backpacking through Europe, moving to Ohio, having Hannah and Charlie, and arriving to where we are today in Arizona. I never would have imagined all we've been through! I really was lucky to have Scott to go through it with and I wouldn't change a thing! He really has been the best thing for me and the best friend.
So this anniversary was probably the best one we've had! Scott planned out a whole getaway to Sedona and surprised me! He seriously had an itinerary, and it was a blast! Sedona is beautiful. I couldn't believe the red rock towers--and they really were towers! It was amazing.

This is a panorama of some of the red rock--doesn't do the picture justice on a small screen.


Scott found a great bed and breakfast and hired a babysitter to watch the kiddos. We went mountain biking--too bad we are NOT in the same shape we were in nine years ago! I was so sore!



Whoa! What a Hottie!--and with that helmet...Yummmm :) (okay but he really is hot!)


Then he researched all the jeep tours and decided to take us on a trail called broken arrow on a pink jeep tour. I had heard about pink jeep tours and I was really excited to go.




I love all the people in this picture (okay not them personally, just that they are there!). It shows how tall the red rock was!




We were seriously going straight down here, it was really fun!


We finished up the night by going to eat at a restaurant called Elote. I had a chile relleno--I'm not sure if I have ever eaten anything so delicious!

The next day we went and visited some indian ruins where cliff dwelling indians once lived.


This is not the unstable ruins (I know it would have been cooler if it was, but we followed the rules and only went in the ones we were allowed in).

It was a fun trip with my best bud!

10 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Wow, great pictures! It looks like you guys had such a fun anniversary! It is amazing to look back at all the things you have been through since you were married. We love you guys and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Annie said...

You make me want to move to Arizona. What a beautiful place. March is a good month for getting married. We were married in march! It looks like you had so much fun.

Kirk and Aly said...

Too bad we didn't know you guys were going to be in Sedona the same time as us, or even know our anniversaries were close, or we really could have partied together! We almost died/did Broken Arrow on Saturday :). We really should have met up with you at Elote for good food, instead of trying out Black Bart's. You guys are super brave to go mountain biking! What a fun time! Your pictures are awesome!

Ben and Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a fabulous trip. Miss you guys,
-Michelle


P.S. Ben says nice haircut Scotty

The Ball Family said...

You two are great. I am glad you had a wonderful anniversary. I too remember the Marine haircut on my wedding day. Congrats on another year together.

Brienne Alder said...

Holy crap....I can't believe you were going straight down in that Jeep, I would of been so nervous but i'm sure it was freckin awesome. It looked like a lot of fun! And you still look super young. You both are way cute!

Stephanie Johnson said...

What a nice guy that Scott is. That looks so fun.

Angie said...

Scott, I know you are alive because I see pictures of you on your blog! Call me back sucka! I'm coming to AZ in May. My number is 6145986533.

Aaron

Cara said...

Haha, I'm going to comment on your post from 1/2 a yr. ago. It's okay, yours is more up-to-date than mine:) Anyways, I just had to comment on your amazing trip and cute wedding pics. Funny to see pics of you guys pre-kids. I CANNOT believe we ended up living so close to you. We are so lucky. Can't wait to hang out with you guys!

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Melanie, what a cute blog, I love being able to keep up on everyone through blogs. What cute pictures of your kids. Hannah reminds me of Ashlie and all her princess stuff we used to do. It looks like you guys like Arizona and it is sure pretty there. I am starting to think warm weather would be nice year round. You do a great job with your pictures. See you at the holidays. Teresa